Re: Pipeline hinting revisited

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 06:20:13PM +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> I was just thinking the 100-continue infrastructure built up over the
> last few years with some success could be leveraged here. "Expect:
> pipeline" and a 1xx status to indicate explicit support.

I was thinking about something in this vein too, without very clear ideas
yet.

> That appears to nicely solve the case where pipelining is default-off
> and enabled whenever possible.
>
>  It will not solve the problem of agents being aggressive in the
> pipeline before seeing such a 1XX status.

Well at least the client can start emitting the second request as soon
as it sees the 1xx, it does not have to wait for the first request to be
completed. And intermediaries could be configured to return the response
depending on what they're able to do.

Regards,
Willy