#308: need to reserve "negotiate" as auth scheme name

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 16:34:13 +0200
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

I've got a TODO to mark the authentication scheme name "negotiate" as
reserved (in draft-ietf-httpbis-authscheme-registrations); see

- the registry doesn't have a "status" entry; should we add that (with
what values)?

- if we keep the registry simple, what's the reference we would put in?
A pointer to a new appendix in
draft-ietf-httpbis-authscheme-registrations, noting that "negotiate" is
reserved as a scheme name, but it's not a valid scheme as per our

- that being said, should there be an erratum on RFC 4559 pointing out
the problems?

Best regards, Julian