Re: line folding - ABNF vs prose

From: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 00:02:45 +0200
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>
Cc: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 08:20:58AM -0700, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> > But I thought we were only allowed to fold lines for headers which are
> > defined as comma-separated lists, and to add a comma. So by definition
> > we should not do that on a header that is not a list, and since a header
> > which is not a list must not appear multiple times, this should not be
> > a problem.
>
> No, (un)folding long field values has nothing to do with combining multiple
> header fields of the same name into a single value.

Sorry Roy, I said totally stupid things here, I was mixing two things,
multiple header procesing and multiple lines. No of course I'm not adding
the comma here. I'm just replacing all LWS with SP, so basically we get at
least 2 SP in the result (in case of pure LF+SP) or 3 SP for the common
case (CRLF+SP).

Sorry for the noise.

Willy