Media-type containing semi-colon but no parameter

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 15:49:37 +0200
To: "HTTP WG" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Currently per HTTP the following constitutes an incorrect Content-Type
header:

as per media-type the semi-colon must be followed by a parameter. No
implementation I know of treats that as an unknown media type however.
They arrive at the somewhat obvious text/html media type. It would make
sense to me if HTTP were changed to allow a trailing semi-colon.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/