Re: Redirects and headers

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 10:16:15 +0200
To: "Mark Nottingham" <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: "HTTP WG" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 13:19:20 +0200, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:
> Julian pointed out that this was being discussed elsewhere, so I
> tentatively added a note about this to our ticket #231, "Considerations
> for new headers" <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/231>
> earlier today.
>
> That helps for new headers, but of course it doesn't for existing ones.

It also does not help with experimental headers and headers that are not
registered. And both of those are used with XMLHttpRequest. They should
probably be covered by some fallback rule. The current consensus among
browsers (Gecko changed recently) I believe is that those headers will
make it through to the new request.

> In any case, I'll open a new issue shortly; thanks.

Cool!

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/