Resource states (initial and final)

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 12:34:11 +0000
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hi All,

I'm wondering how one could define the length of time a resource has
been, or was, in existence.

I can see how a single client or intermediary could figure this out by
auditing HTTP Messages (from 201 following POST or PUT through to a
successful DELETE) - but I was looking for a way to indicate this to any
client. This leads me to two questions:

1: Is there scope for a Created response header?

2: Can/could 410 Gone response include a Last-Modified header?

Cheers,

Nathan