Re: I-D Action:draft-ietf-httpbis-method-registrations-05.txt

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 21:26:48 +0100
To: mike amundsen <mamund@yahoo.com>
CC: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
On 06.01.2011 20:06, mike amundsen wrote:
> I notice that Appendix A has a column for "Safe", but not
> "Idempotent." Also, there is no reference in this table to
> cache-ability of each of these methods.

That's mainly because we haven't decided on whether these are part of
the IANA registration.

> All three of these qualities are mentioned in the spec [1]. I think it
> would be valuable to see all these qualities in the I-D Appendix, too.

I'm not planning to update the definitions of these methods; what the
spec says when it's published should be considered a guideline for new
method registrations, or for revisions of the specs defining these methods.

Best regards, Julian

PS: the draft happened to be posted today because it was about to
expire; that's all.