Re: #282: Recommend minimum sizes for protocol elements

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 06:29:42 +0000
To: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>
cc: Mark Nottingham <Mnot@mnot.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
In message <20110502061310.GJ10529@1wt.eu>, Willy Tarreau writes:

>From what I recall, Apache has a 8kB per header limit,
>which is plenty for all uses.

One would think, but I have seen 36kB headers in live traffic, but
that was a private cache-informing header between the backend and
a server-side cache, so it may not count in this context.

Poul-Henning

PS: Is it just me or are large pointless HTTP-headers an indicator of
mobile devices where users pay for bandwidth ?