Re: I-D Action:draft-ietf-httpbis-authscheme-registrations-00.txt

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 09:35:10 +0100
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
CC: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
On 09.12.2010 04:18, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> (I gather from the draft draft-ietf-httpbis-p7-auth is supposed to
> establish the registry; it seems a bit odd to me that there is a
> separate draft only to put Basic and Digest into that registry; it
> might be a good idea to offer some rationale for that in the draft,
> i.e. why draft-ietf-httpbis-p7-auth doesn't register them.)

Essentially for the same reason we do it in for methods.

Also, I really want to avoid giving the impression that Part 7 does
recommend or even specify Digest; my understanding is that this will
cause massive problems once we'd get to the IESG.

Is there a polite way to say that in the Introduction? Do we really need to?

Best regards, Julian