Re: I-D Action:draft-ietf-httpbis-authscheme-registrations-00.txt

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 04:18:40 +0100
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
* Internet-Drafts@ietf.org wrote:
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
>This draft is a work item of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Bis Working Group of the IETF.
>

>	Title           : Initial Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Authentication Scheme Registrations
>	Author(s)       : J. Reschke
>	Filename        : draft-ietf-httpbis-authscheme-registrations-00.txt
>	Pages           : 4
>	Date            : 2010-11-09
>
>This document registers Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)
>authentication schemes which have been defined in standards-track
>RFCs before the IANA HTTP Authentication Scheme Registry was
>established.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-httpbis-authscheme-registrations-00.txt

(I gather from the draft draft-ietf-httpbis-p7-auth is supposed to
establish the registry; it seems a bit odd to me that there is a
separate draft only to put Basic and Digest into that registry; it
might be a good idea to offer some rationale for that in the draft,
i.e. why draft-ietf-httpbis-p7-auth doesn't register them.)