RE: [#259] Handling invalid Content-Dispostion headers

From: Thomson, Martin <Martin.Thomson@andrew.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 10:54:13 +0800
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, httpbis Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
CC: Adam Barth <ietf@adambarth.com>
On 2010-11-04 at 13:42:40, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> In looking at Adam's feedback and the resulting discussion, I'm
> considering whether we should try to define an OPTIONAL error-handling
> profile that defines a method of handling invalid Content-Disposition
> field-values.

You preface this with a very specific case, but the description you provide could apply to many other headers.

It seems likely that Adam's complaints are applicable to other headers in other (httpbis) specifications.  Do you want to address this question more generally as well?  Or did you want to keep a lid on that for now?

--Martin