RE: Migrating CONNECT and Upgrade details from RFC2817

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 12:06:46 +0000
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
This sounds like a great idea.

Henrik

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-http-wg-request@w3.org [mailto:ietf-http-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Mark Nottingham
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 3:17 AM
To: HTTP Working Group
Subject: Migrating CONNECT and Upgrade details from RFC2817

In Maastricht, we discussed moving selected parts of RFC2817 into HTTPbis; specifically

CONNECT - http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/239
Upgrade - http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/240

Alexey stated we don't need to have a charter change for this, since we'll be elaborating what is (poorly) defined in 2616 using current practice. It's also likely that this will result in 2817 being moved to historic status, since no one uses it as a framework (i.e., they just use CONNECT and perhaps Upgrade separately, in other ways).

Cheers,