Migrating CONNECT and Upgrade details from RFC2817

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 12:16:53 +0200
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
In Maastricht, we discussed moving selected parts of RFC2817 into HTTPbis; specifically

CONNECT - http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/239
Upgrade - http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/240

Alexey stated we don't need to have a charter change for this, since we'll be elaborating what is (poorly) defined in 2616 using current practice. It's also likely that this will result in 2817 being moved to historic status, since no one uses it as a framework (i.e., they just use CONNECT and perhaps Upgrade separately, in other ways).

Cheers,