Re: I-D Action:draft-loreto-http-timeout-00.txt

On 09/07/2010, at 8:34 PM, Salvatore Loreto wrote:

> if I understood correctly Mark, you are to suggesting that just having an header would be enough and much easier to implement for the intermediaries, isn't it?
> if so I don't see much difference in defining an header containing a value and let the intermediate decide if consider or not the value and then use it as a single bit!

True, except that -- as I said before -- I think many implementers are going to misinterpret this header; because they're not used to using proxies and distributed systems, its semantics are quite subtle, and possibly dangerous (i.e., it will leave them in a place worse off than before).

Cheers,