Re: Authentication-Info Header

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 10:22:52 +0100
To: Eran Hammer-Lahav <eran@hueniverse.com>
CC: HTTP Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, OAuth WG <oauth@ietf.org>
Eran Hammer-Lahav wrote:

> Any comments? Suggestions?

Sorry for the delay. It was on my TODO list, but that list got too long.

> EHL
>
> On 12/4/09 9:19 AM, "Eran Hammer-Lahav" <eran@hueniverse.com> wrote:
>
>     The Authentication-Info header should be added to
>     draft-ietf-httpbis-p7-auth to provide a complete list of all the
>     defined authentication headers. It should generalize the definition
>     to make it useful for new authentication schemes:

As far as I can tell, Authentication-Info in RFC 2617 specific for
Digest. If that's correct, it doesn't belong into HTTPbis P7.

It may be a good idea to generalize it (I have no opinion on that), but
it would still need to be specified in a spec other than HTTPbis.

Best regards, Julian