Re: Handling multiple headers when only one is allowed

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 08:31:09 +0200
To: "HTTP Working Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, "Bil Corry" <bil@corry.biz>, "Yngve N. Pettersen (Developer Opera Software ASA)" <yngve@opera.com>
Cc: "Michal Zalewski" <lcamtuf@google.com>, "Jeff Hodges" <Jeff.Hodges@kingsmountain.com>, "Adam Barth" <ietf@adambarth.com>
On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 02:48:20 +0200, Yngve N. Pettersen (Developer Opera
Software ASA) <yngve@opera.com> wrote:
> Well, there is actually a fourth choice: Ask the user (Yes, I know, the
> user will most likely know just as little as the client about what those
> header were intended to mean, and the opportunities for social
> engineering attacks will be legion).

There's also a fifth. Based on implementation experience we can probably
figure out what the scenario for headers should be. You might end up with
special cases, but at least you know it can be implemented and you can
give advice for future clients so they will no longer have to reverse
engineer the market leader.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/