Re: http progress notification

From: Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 10:13:44 +1200
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
CC: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, Henrik Nordström <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>

On 26/05/2010 4:12 a.m., Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 25.05.2010 06:15, Adrien de Croy wrote:
>>
>> We've made some more great progress with testing on this, which has lead
>> to a fairly major change in the structure of information passed back by
>> servers.
>
> You really really should choose a free status code; 102 has been
> defined in RFC 2518.

there was discussion on the code a couple of years ago.

At the time it was discussed that the existing webdav 102 status could
be an appropriate code - in other words that the Progress response
header could be an application for it.

Personally I've no preference for the code - if you think it's
justifiable to register another one for Progress, I'm happy to use a
different one.

Regards

Adrien