pack200-gzip Content Coding

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 15:25:20 +0200
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hi,

I was looking at the content coding IANA registry
(<http://www.iana.org/assignments/http-parameters>) and decided to see
what pack200-gzip:

> pack200-gzip   Network Transfer Format for Java Archives           [JSR200]

is about.

 From what I understand this is a format similar to ZIP/Jar, in which
you have a directory structure with named entries. How exactly is this
supposed to work as HTTP Content Coding then?

Has anybody seen this in the wild? Is anybody aware of implementations?

Best regards, Julian