Age response header and HTTP/1.0 requests

From: Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 13:11:36 +1200
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

Hi all

I'm finding some odd behaviour with browsers when serving from cache to
an HTTP/1.0 request.

I'm finding IE8 disconnects after the first buffer if the Age header is
present (this is the only difference between success and failure scenarios).

So, do we need some text in the http1.1 bis caching document about
sending cache headers in respect of the version of the request?  E.g.
safety issues of sending HTTP/1.1 headers back to an HTTP/1.0 response.

Regards

Adrien