Last call for comments on draft-reschke-rfc2231-in-http-07

Hi,

I just updated draft-reschke-rfc2231-in-http with a short section
explaining document history:

Appendix A. Document History and Future Plans (to be removed by RFC
              Editor before publication)

    Problems with the internationalization of the HTTP Content-
    Disposition header field have been known for many years (see test
    cases at <http://greenbytes.de/tech/tc2231/>).

    During IETF 72
    (<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/minutes?item=minutes72.html>), the
    HTTPbis Working Group shortly discussed how to deal with the
    underspecification of (1) Content-Disposition, and its (2)
    internationalization aspects.  Back then, there was rough consensus
    in the room to move the definition into a separate draft.

    This specification addresses problem (2), by defining a simple subset
    of the encoding format defined in RFC 2231.  A separate
    specification, draft-reschke-rfc2183-in-http, is planned to address
    problem (1).  Note that this approach was chosen because Content-
    Disposition is just an example for an HTTP header field using this
    kind of encoding.  Another example is the currently proposed Link
    header field (draft-nottingham-http-link-header).

    This document is planned to be published on the IETF Standards Track,
    so that other standards-track level documents can depend on it, such
    as the new specification of Content-Disposition, or potentially
    future revisions of the HTTP Link Header specification.

    Also note that this document specifies a proper subset of the
    extensions defined in RFC 2231, but does not normatively refer to it.
    Thus, RFC 2231 can be revised separately, should the email community
    decide to.

- <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reschke-rfc2231-in-http-07#appendix-A>

I think this document is ready for an IETF Last Call, but before I
request publication (*), I'd appreciate more review from HTTPbis WG members.

Best regards, Julian

(*) Planned in three weeks from now, on Jan 18, 2010.