Media type for 300/406 responses?

From: Jan Algermissen <algermissen1971@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 09:32:17 +0100
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hi,

I have come across this[1] posting by Roy yesterday regarding the
standardization of 300 and 406 response media types.

Personal experience suggests that it would be worthwhile to draft such
a media type but before doing so, I have a question regarding the
following quote:

   "the response SHOULD include an entity containing
   a list of available entity characteristics and
   location(s)" [2]

So far I can see these entity characteristics:

- media type
- language
- encoding

Should I (besides extensibility) consider any other entity
characteristics, e.g of those found in[3]? Length for example?

Thanks,

Jan

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/1997JulSep/0054.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html#sec10.4.7