Re: FYI: Mozilla's Resource Packages

> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 1:02 AM, Robert Siemer
> <Robert.Siemer-httpwg@backsla.sh> wrote:
>> I definitively do not see the Resource Package approach to be the answer
>> to the problem.
>
> Agreed.  Are the authors familiar with RFC 2557?

I don't think that is usable for this case. It wouldn't be backwards
compatible. Also the server can't know if the client already has the
related resources or not, which could cause unnecessary traffic.

There are probably more efficient or more flexible ways to solve this
problem (using SCTP, other changes in the protocol etc), but I like the
proposal because it is backwards compatible and easy to use.

- Sander