Re: FYI: Mozilla's Resource Packages

All this resource package thing looks like a general preloading
mechanism...

If we use standard URLs, we can catch things like:
-compression
-content-type
-caching questions
because it is already specified and out there.

Using javascript (and/or other tricks), we can even preload right now.
-- So, what is missing?

>From the proposal (http://limi.net/articles/resource-packages/ ) I see
only one goal left over:
-serve everything in a single HTTP request, freeing up the other
parallel requests to fetch resources that are page-specific

Why not use pipelining?? So, my alternatives are:

-use more parallel connections to the same server
-improve pipelining by specifying what to pipeline and in which order
-foster HTTP over SCTP

I definitively do not see the Resource Package approach to be the answer
to the problem.

Robert