Issue 196, was: #110: how to determine what entity a response carries

Mark Nottingham wrote:
>>> Note that 'request-URI' is used here; however, we need to come up
>>> with a term to denote "the URI that can be inferred from examining
>>> the request-target and the Host header."
>>
>> I think the term "Request-URI" makes a lot of sense, because it
>> already is in use for that purpose (although in RFC2616 it didn't mean
>> exactly that).
>
> Makes sense.
>
>> The definition will need to go into P1, Section 4. Mark, are you going
>> to open a ticket for that one?
>
> Now <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/196>.
>

>>> Also, the comparison function is going to have to be defined
>>> somewhere, because we already need to compare URIs for things like
>>> cache invalidation.
>>
>> Any reason why we can't use P1, Section 2.6.3?
>> (<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-latest.html#uri.comparison>)
>>

> Think so, yes.

I noticed that Strict Transport Security (STS)
(<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2009Sep/att-0051/draft-hodges-strict-transport-sec-05.plain.html>)
calls this "Effective Request URI", which I think makes a lot of sense.

BR, Julian