Re: NEW ISSUE: Drop Content-Location [#154]

Mark Nottingham wrote:
> I haven't seen any discussion of this, but I believe the general feeling
> is to drop the base-setting semantics of Content-Location in HTTP.
>
> Any other thoughts? Otherwise we'll go in that direction.

+1, but we need to consider the details.

Currently, we have

"The value of Content-Location also defines the base URI for the entity."

Do we drop this (potentially breaking currently conforming
implementations), or do we make it optional?

In both case, we'll also have to record this as a normative change in
the Changes section.

BR, Julian