RE: Clarifying Content-Location (Issue 136)

From: Brian Smith <brian@briansmith.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 23:56:05 -0500
To: "'Mark Nottingham'" <mnot@mnot.net>, "'HTTP Working Group'" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
> Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 11:07 PM
> To: Brian Smith
> Cc: 'Julian Reschke'; 'Robert Brewer'; 'HTTP Working Group'
> Subject: Re: Clarifying Content-Location (Issue 136)
>
> When did that happen? We removed its base-setting ability, not cache
> invalidation, IIRC.

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/changeset/691

The above change removes cache invalidation based on Content-Location for
GET/HEAD. The part of P6-cache that discussed cache invalidation based on
Content-Location for PUT, POST, and DELETE was retained. That doesn't make
sense to me; it seems like we should either always invalidation based on
Content-Location (for the same host) or we never should. I support "we never
should" as it makes it easier to get rid of Content-Location.

Regards,
Brian