Re: Last Call: draft-nottingham-http-link-header (Web Linking) to Proposed Standard

From: Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 18:53:31 +0100
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Eran Hammer-Lahav <eran@hueniverse.com>, Sam Johnston <samj@samj.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 06:42:46PM +0100, Noah Slater wrote:
> I got very excited for a second here because I thought you were saying that
> Firefox understands the Link header with rel="stylesheet", but I just tested it
> on one of my pages and it doesn't seem to work:
>
>   http://tumbolia.org/quote/zen
>
> I am sending this:
>
>   Link: </style>;rel=stylsheet
>
> Should this work? Am I doing something wrong?

Spelling things incorrectly!

After fixing my header, it works perfectly.

Does anyone have any data about how common this is, and how many UAs support it?

I just checked wget:

  wget --page-requisites http://tumbolia.org/quote/zen

This option downloads page requisites, but doesn't download the stylesheet in
this case. At first I considered filing a bug, but considering that the
stylesheet is not directly linked from the HTML, I think it would probably be a
bug to download it from the Link header. Interesting stuff.

Thanks,