Re: requested resource / entity / representation / variant again..

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 00:57:36 +0200
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
fre 2009-07-24 klockan 08:34 +1000 skrev Mark Nottingham:
> Regarding 'requested resource', would it be better if we used
> 'targeted resource' consistently?

I can┬Ęt really comment on that before we have had a serious terminology
discussion as it's not at all helpful going around changing one term at
a time. But I think I prefer requested resource over targeted resource
assuming it intends to mean the same thing (Request-URI).

Related to this there also needs some explanatory text describing why
operations operating on an URI as such like PUT/DELETE and content
negotiation do not mix very well.

Regards
Henrik