Re: requested resource / entity / representation / variant again..

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 01:24:54 +0200
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
fre 2009-07-24 klockan 08:17 +1000 skrev Mark Nottingham:

> * What p6 2.6 currently calls the "selected response", although I
> suspect that may eventually need to change if we're to properly
> address the terminology issue.

for now I would probably remove selected response from p6 2.6 as
follows:

from:

        The stored response with matching selecting request-headers is
        known as the selected response.

        If no selected response is available, the cache MAY forward the
        presented request to the origin server in a conditional request;
        see Section 2.4.

        If no response with matching selecting request-headers is
        available, the cache MAY forward the presented request to the
        origin server in a conditional request; see Section 2.4.

unless there is plans to actually define "selected response" as a term
and use it elsewhere as well.

Regards
Henrik