Re: Comments on the HTTP Sec-From Header (draft-abarth-origin)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:58:18 +0200
To: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
Cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, collinj@cs.stanford.edu, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
ons 2009-07-08 klockan 22:58 -0700 skrev Adam Barth:

> My understanding is that using a comma-separated list would change the
> semantics because of header coalescing.

Proably. Any header which may be (is) repeated can be joined into a
single comma-separated list in the same order. But the reverse is not
true unless one knows the header is in fact a list header.

Any specification which allows for multiple instances of a header but
where a comma separated list of those same values is not the same
thing/meaning is not following HTTP guidelines on header format.

For single-valued headers there is almost no restrictions on formatting.

Regards
Henrik