Re: Comments on the HTTP Sec-From Header (draft-abarth-origin)

ons 2009-07-08 klockan 22:58 -0700 skrev Adam Barth:

> My understanding is that using a comma-separated list would change the
> semantics because of header coalescing.

Proably. Any header which may be (is) repeated can be joined into a
single comma-separated list in the same order. But the reverse is not
true unless one knows the header is in fact a list header.

Any specification which allows for multiple instances of a header but
where a comma separated list of those same values is not the same
thing/meaning is not following HTTP guidelines on header format.

For single-valued headers there is almost no restrictions on formatting.

Regards
Henrik