Re: Comments on the HTTP Sec-From Header (draft-abarth-origin)

From: =JeffH <Jeff.Hodges@KingsMountain.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:57:23 -0700
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Julian responded:
 > Mark Nottingham wrote:
 >>> I'm confused.  Where did the quotes come from?
 >>
 >> It's necessary because a URL can contain a comma.
 >
 > I think angle brackets as URL delimiters are used more frequently (Link
 > header, WebDAV headers...).

indeed. See "Appendix C.  Delimiting a URI in Context" RFC3986..

   "In practice, URIs are delimited in a variety of ways, but usually
    within double-quotes "http://example.com/", angle brackets
    <http://example.com/>, or just by using whitespace:
                             .
                             .
                             .
    Using <> angle brackets around each URI is especially recommended as
    a delimiting style for a reference that contains embedded whitespace."

=JeffH