Re: Comments on the HTTP Sec-From Header (draft-abarth-origin)

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 17:43:17 +1000
Cc: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>, collinj@cs.stanford.edu, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Try defining new terms to be unique and distinguished; hyphenation
comes in handy for this (e.g., origin-URI, host-value, port-value).

Explicitly importing (A)BNF terms from other specs and defining new
ones helps distinguish them as well; however, it looks like most of
this spec is defining an abstract model, not syntax (I wonder if it
could be refactored that way, however).

I agree it's not an ideal situation.

Cheers,