Coming to a conclusion on draft-abarth-origin

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 12:23:19 +1100
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Cc: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
To wrap up discussion of
   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-abarth-origin-00

I'd note that the draft does not identify an intended status, nor have
we been asked for a review by the IESG or RFC Editor (which presumably
they might do when publication is requested). As such, this is just a
summary of the discussion to date.

It appears that, based on feedback on this list:
   1) there is little interest in implementing this header (at least
in this community), and
   2) a number of people question the value of adding this new header,
and
   3) a number of people believe that the Referer header could be used
to achieve most of the goals of the draft.

To aid in (3), we have opened an issue
   http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/144

Adam, please help me clarify any points above which you don't believe
are justified by discussion on this list. Also, I now you were working
on a draft -01; if you still intend to publish it, we will of course
be happy to provide feedback.

Cheers,