Re: A question about Content-Length header

From: Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 08:56:03 +1300
To: Peter <cnmjbm@gmail.com>
CC: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

there is no other way to signal the end of the message that the client
is sending.

A server has the option to close the connection to signal end of message
if no Content-Length or chunking is not used. A client for obvious
reasons does not have this option.

So in short, I would say the answer is yes, if the client message has an
entity body, and it will not send a Content-Length for whatever reason,
it must use chunking.

Adrien