Re: Leading zeroes in 1*DIGIT productions

Geoffrey Sneddon wrote:

> On 18 Dec 2008, at 19:49, Julian Reschke wrote:
>
>>> Alternately, making it clear that leading zeroes are allowed but
>>> (perhaps) MUST NOT be sent  would be acceptable.
>>
>> How would that help? As far as I can tell, leading zeros are totally
>> harmless.
>
> If that's the case, why are they MUST NOT in the case of HTTP-Version?

I can only guess it's because recipients have treated the version as
string in the past, and tripped over things like 01/01.

So yes, if there's a demonstrated interop problem with leading zeros
somewhere else, that may change the picture.

So again: any evidence of that?

BR, Julian