Re: #90: multipart/byteranges

Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> They aren't used that way.  I don't know of any implementation
> that uses the multipart delimiter to find the end of body (they
> use CL, chunked, or a closed connection).

And even if they wanted to, they couldn't, because the handful of
existing server implementations of multipart/byteranges-delimited
CRLF. (About 3/4 use a CRLF and 1/4 don't. If you carefully compare part
3, 3.3.2 against the multipart-body grammar in RFC 2046, it probably
says that the minority is correct here, and the CRLF is forbidden.)

So another vote for banning the special byteranges-delimited response
type. And Part 3, 3.3.2 also needs to be revisited.

-- Dan