Re: Feedback for draft-nottingham-http-link-header-03

Mark Nottingham wrote:
> I think the issue here is more around trust than just semantics; i.e.,
> you need to know the source of the statement to evaulate it. The thing
> is, that's really defined by the context of use; i.e., if you're working
> from within some wonderful semantic framework, you might be able to
> trust inbound links.
>
> So, if this were defined by the application, would you be more happy?
> The effect on *this* spec, I think, would be that the link *header*
> section would say that rev links aren't necessarily authoritative.
>
> Make sense?s

Not sure. What would that achieve?

Why would you trust

   rel=author

more then

   rev=made

?

In general, the level of trust for a relation exposed with a resource
probably depends *both* on the resource and the link relation being
used, not the fact whether it's exposed as "rel" or "rev".

Best regards, Julian