Re: NEW ISSUE: Methods and Caching

Julian Reschke wrote:
> Werner Baumann wrote:
>> Apart from the method the intermediary cache would have to include the
>> DEPTH header and a list of requested properties into the key. And what
>> would be the cache hit rate?
>
> It could be quite good, depending on what clients do; such as refreshing
> a collection view over and over again (think explorer-like clients).

Conditional PROPFIND would be very useful for user agents (i.e. WebDAV
clients). But the problem is RFC 4918, which does not define anything
like a cache validation mechanism for properties (and not for
collections). I don't think this missing functionality can be added by
some extension, but it would require a revision of RFC 4918.

I doubt that it would be very useful for intermediaries. WebDAV access
is usually restricted to a comparably small set of users.

Werner