Re: #90: multipart/byteranges

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 17:19:34 +0100
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On fre, 2008-11-14 at 18:49 -0800, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> I think the issue is that allowing a special case where it is allowed
> makes parsers significantly more complex, and isn't in wide use anyway.

Now I am confused what this is about.

multipart/byteranges as delimiter is defenitely in wide use for 206

What is not supported in wide use is multipart/byteranges as delimiter
for any other purpose such as sending requests..

I don't see how we can disallow multipart/byteranges as delimiter. All
clients sending multi-range requests MUST support it in 206 responses to
such requests. A client not supporting multipart/byteranges as delimiter
MUST NOT sent a multi-ranged request without also using Connection:
close.

Regards
Henrik