Re: estimated Content-Length with chunked encoding

William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Adrien de Croy wrote:
>
>> for this point, you want my draft ID on progress notifications :)
>>
>> http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-decroy-http-progress-04.txt
>>

> Although I agree with a desire to keep the request lightweight, so only
> to pass on the information when desired, the chunked scheme is nearly
> always used for progressive data.  If you amended the draft to use an
> attribute extention on the chunk header, it might be very interesting.

could be interesting.  My original use case was to prevent user timeouts
due to lack of perceived progress, so all the 1xx responses would be
sent prior to any data (chunked or otherwise)... but I can see some good
potential for being able to write to the UI of a UA during chunked data
download as well - like a multiplexed data stream.

Although I thought chunk extension headers could only occur on the final
chunk?  Or are they different to attribute extensions... bit rusty on
those...