Re: estimated Content-Length with chunked encoding

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 02:14:18 +0200
To: Jamie Lokier <jamie@shareable.org>
Cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
On mån, 2008-10-20 at 23:21 +0100, Jamie Lokier wrote:

> I don't know if chunk extensions break in the real world, though.

Probably, but it's not the specs fault.

I know I have made & released one implemenation which broke on chunk
extensions due to a silly typo. It's fixed since quite some time back,
and was/is in an HTTP/1.0 client so I sleep well... But since there is
no chunk extensions in use it's quite likely there is some other broken
implementations around..  But the majority of implementations most
likely just works. Failing on chunk extensions requires one in most
languages to actively care if there is chunk extensions or other
"unknown" data in the chunk header.

Regards
Henrik