Re: [gears-eng] Re: [google-gears-eng] Re: Deploying new expectation-extensions

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@yahoo-inc.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 08:36:48 +1000
Cc: Brian McBarron <bpm@google.com>, <gears-eng@googlegroups.com>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Charles Fry <fry@google.com>, Alex Rousskov <rousskov@measurement-factory.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: Jamie Lokier <jamie@shareable.org>

OK. I agree that doing it in hardware is more expensive (as you have
no choice but to involve a vendor), but doing it in software is
relatively easy; high-performance servers that can act as
intermediaries are getting pretty common, and pretty performant.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham       mnot@yahoo-inc.com