Re: [google-gears-eng] Re: Deploying new expectation-extensions

From: Charles Fry <fry@google.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 09:31:33 -0400
To: "Mark Nottingham" <mnot@yahoo-inc.com>
Cc: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, gears-eng@googlegroups.com, "Alex Rousskov" <rousskov@measurement-factory.com>, "HTTP Working Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

>> BTW, we should really be talking about an Internet-Draft at this point,
>> rather than a wiki page. Google guys, when will that happen?
>
> At a high-level we'd been hoping to at least get some high-level
> community feedback confirming that we are ready to move onto that
> step. If there is agreement that it is time to proceed there then
> we'll work on putting one together.

But to be explicit here, we are trying to balance our internal
deployment and experience with this protocol with the external
discussion, which is just to say that some additional time will
clearly go by before we actually complete the lofty goal of
transforming this into an Interntet Draft. That said, we clearly plan
to mine this thread for feedback as we undertake that process, so this
is not a lost discussion. :-)

Charles