Re: Status of Link header

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 16:03:03 +0200
To: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>

Shane McCarron wrote:

> Mark,
>
> I think that you should defer to the spec at
> http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/vocab for the definitive list of rel and
> rev values.  That document is written in XHTML+RDFa and is maintained as
> part of the W3C process for defining XHTML.

a) What's the registration process?

b) Why would it be a good idea to have relations between resources being
defined specifically for one vocabulary? Shouldn't relation names be
re-usable between HTML, XHTML, Atom, and other formats (*)?

BR, Julian

(*) for instance those that are not XML based and need the Link header
to transport it