Re: PROPOSAL: i74: Encoding for non-ASCII headers

My reading is that HTTP is limited to iso-8859-1 *on the wire*, and
requires RFC2047 encoding for characters outside of that range. Do you
disagree with that?

My intent was not to disallow RFC2047, but rather to allow other
encodings into iso-8859-1 where appropriate. Disallowing RFC2047 would
be foolish and counter-productive; however, no one has said why
constraining future headers from using other encodings than RFC2047 is
a desirable -- or even realistic -- thing to do.

I'll follow up in more detail soon...