Re: I-D ACTION:draft-nottingham-http-link-header-01.txt

From: Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:38:25 +0100
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

Mark Nottingham wrote:

> If there are a few nodding heads here

Nod, in essence.  Some nits and questions:

Maybe I missed it, but please mention that <URI-reference>
is specified in STD 66.  Some folks confuse URIs with IRIs,
and then get it completely wrong.  This confusion could be
bad enough for a security consideration.

You mention "Made", but you don't list it in the registry.
IMO it should be "made", and you should mention that such
relative URIs are supposed to be case-insensitive.  Maybe
the IANA Webmaster will be annoyed by this idea, and this
needs work (?)

Maybe add "updates 2626" (?) to get rid of it for 2616bis
Maybe deprecate "rev" (?) as proposed by the HTML5 cabale

The XLink stuff muddies the water, please remove it.

We need to find out where "first", "last", and "payment"
were defined.  Has <http://www.w3.org/TR/relations.html>
a status that can be referenced in a RFC ?

 Frank