Re: HttpOnly

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008, Jim Manico wrote:

> Are there any efforts underway to support the HttpOnly cookie directive
> within any version of the HTTP Protocol?

1 - Cookies aren't included in RFC2616 at all.

2 - Hardly any implemenations of cookies follow any recent attempts to
     document how cookies should be handled so I doubt writing yet another
     cookie spec update will help much.

Given the history of cookies so far, they are doomed to be adhoc'ed and work
in a random undocumented fashion... (unless you count the original Netscape
cookie document a specification).