RE: IRIs, IDNAbis, and HTTP

From: Brian Smith <brian@briansmith.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:53:35 -0700
To: <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

Julian Reschke wrote:
> Brian Smith wrote:

> > HTTPbis should at least standardize a mechanism for new headers to
> > support Unicode text.

> It already allows that through RFC2047-style encoding.

> Read the grammar, plus RFC2047.

Thank you. I read the BNF for TEXT many times but I've always overlooked
the accompanying text. The RFC 2047 mechanism is truly horrible but I
guess it satisfies the requirements.

What is an accurate BNF grammar for TEXT? It is not clear to me how I am
supposed to parse a quoted-string that contains "=?" but which is not a
valid encoded-word.

Thanks again,
Brian