Re: i69: Clarify "Requested Variant" [was: New "200 OK" status codes, PATCH & PROPFIND]

Julian Reschke wrote:

> Mark Nottingham wrote:
>>
>> I've only seen a few responses to one aspect of this, so I'll restate
>> as a set of proposals.

>> PROPOSAL: Remove 'requested variant' from terminology and define
>> 'selected representation' as (roughly): "The representation that
>> would be returned by the server if the request method were GET,
>> taking into consideration selecting headers, as specified by the Vary
>> header's payload."
>
> +1

Quick question (hopefully) - what's the difference between
"representation" in this case and "entity"?  I feel I'm missing something.

I like the reinforcement that it's the provider (server) that chooses
what to provide.

Thanks

Adrien