Re: CONNECT message including tunneled data

Robert Siemer wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Some time ago we had the discussion about the CONNECT responses and that
> they should carry a Content-Length header if the result code is 200.

rules for whether there should be a Content-Length field are based
around whether there is an entity body or not.  No entity body, no header.

With CONNECT, the purpose is to establish a TCP connection.  There's no
guarantee what protocol will be used over the connection.

I don't see how having an entity body on request or response can help
the goal of setting up a connection.  It is obviously subsequent data.
In no other place in HTTP do we consider sending entity data for a
subsequent request on an initial message, and I would be opposed to
adding that capability now.